Sondag 12 Julie 2009

Puppy love or puppy hatred?

I hear a puppy cry and a man laughing!

My puppy tearing the skies, ripping it,
with its bloodcurling screams.

How can a man, a human being, be so cruel?

How can my own mother stand by and
listen?
Lauging?
but doing nothing?

I love my puppy-dog.
But how can I stand and watch?

I can see the sadness in those puppy-eyes!
I can hear the weeping sound, the sound of mercy being begged!

The mercy that fails to come,
only more dogs trying to kill mine's soul.

I can feel my heart...
thumping, trying, screaming for that madman to stop!!
But only my heart that screams..my voice choking to say a peep...

What am I to do?
What am I to say?
What am I to do...

(Dis was die mees hartverskeurendste gedig wat ek nog in my lewe geskryf het. Ek het gehuil toe ek destyds die gedig geskryf het, want ek kon hoor hoe my hond...Een van die vele dele van my verlede waaroor ek bly is dat dit wel verby is.)

Geen opmerkings nie:

Plaas 'n opmerking